Sunday, November 25, 2012

Rapid Fire Supercontest Week 12


Week 11 Recap

Packers (-3) @ Lions

Haha, awesome backdoor cover, teams never kick that last second field goal, but I'll take it. After this Thanksgiving the Lions are certainly a tough out but not a good team, I wonder if they'll quit on Schwartz the rest of the way.  

Buccaneers (-1.5) @ Panthers

An even more ridiculous cover. The Bucs down 8 with no timeouts and less than 2 minutes to go drive the length of the field, score on a ridiculous throw into double coverage, get the two point conversion just to tie and then get the ball first in OT and drive the field again. If I'm a member of the Carolina 

Bears @ 49ers (-4)

KAEPERNICK. Amazingly, despite being shouted down by my "knowledgeable" 49er fan friends the days before this game I now here no one complaining that Kaepernick gets the start this week. How fickle the love for the Alex Smith was (and should have been). 

Colts (+9.5) @ Patriots

Can't beat 21 points on defense and special teams. Luck is still a little shaky on the road. Pats can score at will and actually made some defensive plays. But they still gave up quite a few points. 

Jets @ Rams (-3)

That'll teach me to trust the Rams. Maybe ill try to stay away from mediocre teams giving 3 at home. That used to be a solid bet. 

Week 12 Picks

Bills @ Colts (-3)

Pretty much the reverse of the Patriots game. Luck is back home. You have to be cautious with Indy's defense, but I feel very confident they score all over Buffalo at home. 

Packers (+3) @ Giants

Kind of shocked the Packers are giving three here. The Giants aren't that great at home, and going into the bye they looked terrible. I'm not sure they are really that talented, but I am braced for the Giants to come out and drop 21 right away on the Packers. I just don';t think it happens. It seems the noodle arm switched from Peyton to Eli. 

Seahawks @ Dolphins (+3)

Simple west coast team travelling to east coast for early game and the Seahawks are not good on the road. I'll definitely take the points in that situation. I'd like to see some Matt Moore here though.  

Ravens (-1) @ Chargers

The Chargers should be giving more than 1 point to all teams with winning records. Even ones as banged up as the Ravens. 

Falcons (-1) @ Buccaneers

I hate picking against my sweethearts here but I just think they'll run into an offensive buzzsaw here that they can't come back from. Gotta improve that pass defense. 

Last week: 3-2, Season: 28-22 (31-26 with bonus)

Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment