Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Baby Special - Week 9 Supercontest


So to my readers who dont know my first child was born on Tuesday and could easily be described as one of the best life changing moments for me. Of course it means every limited time this week for this blog but through dedication Ill make it work this week. Very abridged version, Ill hopefully get to the World Series recap and why we shouldnt be surprised at the Giants sweep hopefully next week. 

Week 8 Recap

Seahawks (+2) @ Lions

This was a bizarre no show from the Seahawks defense and Stafford is doign his best poor man's impression of Eli Manning's 4th quarter heroics. You would think with 24 points Seattle would cover easy. Guess they just suck on the road. 

Falcons (+2.5) @ Eagles

Andy Reid is gone. The last ace in the hole he had: his bye week prowess is gone. The Eagles just arent that good. 

Redskins (+4.5) @ Steelers

Redskins were bound to have some games like this. I think it continues to overinflate the Steelers though and could expect some nice spreads to bet against them down the road. 

Colts (+3.5) @ Titans

With two mediocre-bad teams take the points. I love that mantra. The Titans shouldnt give 3.5 or more to anyone. 

Dolphins (+2) @ Jets

I was most proud of this call. Everyone was riding the Jets this week after they seemed to "turn the corner" against the Pats. It happens every week. Some team comes off a great performance and just comes up short and then is usually flat the next week. Raiders at Atlanta then flat against Jax at home comes to mind from recent memory. 

Bonus

Patriots v Rams (+7) @ London

Ill take it whenever the Pats put up 45 points since I have half their skill positions on my fantasy team. Probably shouldve left this alone like Thursday night games since the unique London experience probably would throw the teams out of whack. 

Bonus II!

Raiders @ Chiefs (-2)

Kansas City sucks. Plain and simple. I may just pick against them in any spread that is 7 or less. 

Week 9 Picks

(Ed. Note: I followed almost none of my usual media for this week so I may totally have missed the boat with some of these picks. No warranties on this one, although I did go 3-0-1 in my single game college picks friday and saturday)

Bears (-3.5) @ Titans

I'm probably missing something here, but my guess is the Bears show up after last week's scare against Carolina. 

Dolphins (-2.5) @ Colts

I think the Dolphins are legit. I think the Colts are ok. This game being in Indy worries me a little and I'm sure this spread was lower based on Tannehills injury, but they still played well with Moore who I think is one of the best backups in the league. The drop off is negligible. Give me the good team here. 

Panthers @ Redskins (-3)

Shanahan gets them back on the same page after a no show against Pittsburgh and the Panthers and Cam Newton just have a bad stink on them after the way the lost the last two. 

Buccaneers (+1.5) @ Raiders

Why? 11 days off. The Raiders suck.  Ill take the point. 

Ravens (-3.5) @ Browns

I like Harbaugh coaches coming off byes and I'll bet they find a way to plug the gaps from their recent injuries and also spent the time getting their offense running again. 

Last week: 3-2, Season: 20-15 (22-19 with bonus)

No comments:

Post a Comment